WHO WE ARE
De’Longhi Group considers the protection of personal data of third parties, in its possession, as very important and is committed to protect the privacy of said third parties included, but not limited to, its customers, when carrying on its business, and it pays particular attention to the security and confidentiality of its customers’ personal data.
De’Longhi America, Inc. (hereinafter "De'Longhi" or the "Company"), in accordance with article 13 of the GDPR 679/2016, as Data Controller of the personal data collected on this website / app / web chat / competition entries/ collected during the phone call provides you with the following information.
WHICH PERSONAL DATA MAY BE COLLECTED
The following categories of personal data relating to you may be collected:
- Contact data – information on your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address;
- Interests – information you have provided regarding areas that interest you, for example products you find interesting;
- Other personal data – information you have provided regarding your date of birth, education, professional situation and household details;
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
De’Longhi collects and processes your personal data in the following circumstances:
- if you register on our website / download our App to use its functionalities;
- if you contact us to request pre-sales or after-sales assistance;
- if you respond to our marketing activities, for example when you complete a reply card or submit your data online on one of our websites;
- if other Group companies as well as our business partners provide data about you in a manner that is permitted.
Kindly help us to keep your personal data up-to-date by informing us of any changes. Any change in address should be promptly communicated to De’Longhi in order to avoid problems in the use of our services.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES CAN YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE USED
The processing of personal data must be justified by one of the legal basis established by existing data protection regulations, as described below.
a) Establishment and execution of contractual obligation and resulting obligations, including communications regarding services (for example to perform after-sales services)
De’Longhi may process your Contact data in order to establish and execute a contractual relationship, to provide services requested or to respond to reports or complaints.
De’Longhi may also use your contact details, particularly your email address, to provide you with information concerning the service.
Legal bases for the processing: performance of a contract.
The provision of data is obligatory to enable us to manage the contractual relationship; in the absence of the data, we will be unable to put the contract into effect.
b) Operational management and strictly-related purposes, for access to the website, particularly secure areas.
De’Longhi collects your Contact data and Use of the website to allow you to access your Personal Area in order to: (i) download from your Personal Area any documents relating to services you have purchased; (ii) activate any other requests made via the website.
Legal bases for the processing: performance of a contract.
The provision of data is obligatory to enable us to respond to your requests; in the absence of the data, we will be unable to proceed.
c) Customer Satisfaction and other surveys
De’Longhi may use your Contact data to carry out surveys aimed at measuring customer satisfaction in relation to the service provided.
Legal bases for the processing: consent, a failure to give consent in no way affects the contractual relationship.
Your consent may be revoked at any time by either logging onto your account above, clicking the unsubscribe link in any email received or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
d) Marketing to meet your needs or to inform you of promotions, also based on your preferences (we have also included profiled marketing)
De’Longhi may processes your Contact data for marketing and advertising purposes, to inform you of promotional sales initiatives via automated means of contact (email, SMS and other mass communication tools, etc.) and traditional contact methods (e.g. by telephone), such as for market research and statistical surveys, if you give us your consent and within the limits of the consent declaration
De’Longhi may also processes your Contact data, Interests and Other personal data, in order to send you advertising communication, based on a specific customer profile designed on your personal preferences and interests, if you give us a specific consent and within the limits of the consent.
e) Compliance with legally-binding requests by the legal authorities to discharge obligations of law, regulations or provisions
De’Longhi collects your personal data to comply with legal obligations.
Legal bases for the processing: legal obligations with which the Company must comply.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
The Company uses a wide range of security measures to improve protection and maintain the security, integrity and accessibility of your personal data.
All your personal data are stored on our secure servers (or on secure paper copies) or on those of our suppliers or commercial partners, and may be accessed and used based on our standards and our security policies (or equivalent standards for our suppliers or commercial partners).
The security measures we have adopted include:
- severe restrictions on access to your personal data, based on necessity and solely for the purposes communicated;
- perimeter security systems to prevent unauthorised external access;
- permanent monitoring of access to IT systems to identify and stop the misuse of personal data;
- tracking of access to your personal data by internal personnel and verification of the related purpose;
- using encrypted means via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for transactions on our website that require the entering of personal data.
Where we have provided you with (or you have chosen) a password to allow you to access our website, application or services, you are responsible for keeping this password secret and for complying with any other security procedure we inform you of. Please do not share your password with anyone.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We will keep your personal data only for the length of time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected or for any other related and lawful purpose. Therefore, if your personal data is processed for two different purposes, we will keep the data until the lengthier purpose is achieved. However, we will cease to process the personal data collected for the purpose whose retention period has expired.
We limit access to your personal data to only those individuals who need to use them for the appropriate purposes.
When your personal data are no longer required, or when there is no longer any legal pre-condition for keeping them, they will be irreversibly anonymized (and in such a way may be stored) or securely destroyed.
WHO WE CAN SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Your personal data may be accessed by duly-authorised employees and by external suppliers, appointed, if necessary, as data processors, who support us in providing services.
For the purposes of the performance of their activities and to follow up on the above mentioned purposes your personal data may also be accessed by other De’Longhi Group companies.
If you have any questions, comments or wish to exercise your rights, please contact the Privacy Manager/DPO at the following address email@example.com or at the DPO address at the end of this policy.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS AND YOUR RIGHT TO FILE COMPLAINTS BEFORE THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITIES (EUROPEAN USERS ONLY):
On certain conditions, you are entitled to request:
- access to your personal data,
- a copy of the personal data you have provided to us, and to request the Company to transmit your Data to another controller,
- the adjustment of data in our possession,
- the deletion of any data for which the legal precondition for processing no longer exists,
- to deny processing for direct marketing purposes,
- to revoke your consent, in cases where the processing is based on consent,
- to limit the way in which we process your personal data.
For the European Economic Area, we endeavour to respond to any complaints or reports concerning the methods used to process your Data. Nevertheless, should you wish, you may forward your complaints or reports to the authority responsible for data protection using the following contact details:
The Data Protection Officer
2 Park Way, Suite 3A
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458