If the DC514T on/Off button is flashing it means the unit requires to be descaled.
To descale, please follow these steps:
1. Pour 4 cups of water into the carafe.
2. Pour teh descaler solution in
3. Place the carafe on the warming plate.
4. Press the ON/AUTO/OFF button and let the equivalent of one cup run through, then switch off the machine.
5. Let the solution work for 15 minutes, then repeat steps 4 and 5.
6. Switch the coffee maker back on and run the solution through until the tank is completely emptied.
7. Rinse by operating the machine with water only for at least three cycles (3 full tanks of water).
8. Once the descaling operation is finished, press the SET TIMER and SET CLOCK buttons at the same time to stop the ON/AUTO/OFF light from flashing
We reccomend you use our tested De'Longhi descaler to clean the machine you can find here