The machine should always be shut down correctly using the power button at the front of the machine before removing sections for cleaning. Once the machine has completed the shutdown process it is safe to switch off the power at the wall. If the shutdown process has not been fully completed the infuser will be in the wrong position. Please carry out the following recommendations to rectify this problem:
- With the machine switched on take the grounds container (the container where used coffee is collected) and insert it in its correct position in the machine without the full drip tray assembly. You may need to lift it slightly to get it to insert fully in its slot.
- Once the door is closed turn the machine on. You should hear the infuser mechanism resetting. Wait for this to stop.
- Turn the machine off by the power button at the front of the machine. Wait for the shutdown process to complete fully and all lights to go out. The machine may do a rinse at this point.
- You can now turn the machine off at the wall. When you open the service door the infuser will now be in the correct position and you can replace the drip tray.
- To avoid this happening again please always ensure the machine is correctly powered down using the button on the front of your machine before removal of the infuser or drip tray.