De’Longhi America, Inc. takes the safety of our consumers seriously and are fully committed to the safety and integrity of all our products. We appreciate your attention to this recall announcement affecting select dehumidifiers manufactured by New Widetech Industries Co Ltd during 2010 to 2017.
- What was the reason for the recall?
- The manufacturer of the dehumidifiers, New Widetech Industries Co., Ltd., has reported incidents wherein the dehumidifiers can overheat and catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards.
- How many units are affected?
- Overall, New Widetech Industries Co., Ltd. has reported that approximately 2.0 million dehumidifiers manufactured during the years 2010 – 2017 and across several brands are affected. There are approximately 250,000 units of DeLonghi/SupercClima branded dehumidifiers covered by this recall.
- What brands are affected?
- The complete list of brands affected is available in the Press Release issued by New Widetech Industries Co., Ltd. at www.recallrtr.com/nwtdehumidifier or http://www.newwidetech.com/en/ and click on “Recall Information” at the bottom of the page.
- What DeLonghi/SuperClima dehumidifier models are affected?
- What about the other DeLonghi/SuperClima dehumidifiers not listed above?
- No other DeLonghi/SuperClima branded dehumidifiers other than the above listed dehumidifiers models are affected by this recall. DDX EX1 models are not included in this recall.
- What should I do if my dehumidifier is included in this recall?
A: Follow the steps below:
- Confirm if your unit is listed in the chart above. If your unit is not listed, it is not affected by this recall and no actions are needed.
- If you have a dehumidifier listed above, you should unplug the dehumidifier immediately.
- You should contact the manufacturer, New Widetech Industries Co., Ltd., through Real Time Results at (877) 251-1512 (8:00 a.m. EST – 7:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday) or on line at www.recallrtr.com/nwtdehumidifier or http://www.newwidetech.com/en/ and click on “Recall Information” at the bottom of the page to request refunds for any dehumidifiers covered by this recall.
- If you are having any other questions not addressed above, please contact us at www.delonghi.com. We will make sure that any questions are answered.