- Begin by heating the frying oil – we recommend the PremiumFry for a quick and effortless cook, or the MultiFry for a lower calorie dessert.
- In a saucepan on a low heat, add the milk and butter and whisk until the milk is simmering and the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar, coffee and rum. You can change the measurement amounts according to taste.
- Continue whisking while adding the corn starch, until it thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Make a batter out of the egg, flour, salt and sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Cut the bananas into large, uniform chunks, about an inch thick.
- Use a toothpick or a fork to dip the banana in the batter, ensuring a thick and even coating.
- Fry until golden brown, drain the oil and serve still warm with the coffee and rum sauce.
If you are a big fan of both coffee and fried food, then you will love this combination of fried banana and coffee and rum sauce. This recipe marries a range of textures and flavors to create the ultimate sweet treat: the crispiness of the fried batter, the creaminess of the cooked banana and the sweetness of a delicious coffee drizzling sauce. Use a Pump Espresso machine to get a rich, aromatic espresso, and experiment with using your favorite blends of coffee in this gourmet dessert.