This dessert incorporates the warmth of rum, smooth whipped cream and the crunch of amaretti cookies with a delicious no-cooking-required coffee custard cream. We recommend using one of our espresso and drip coffee Combi machines so you can make both the weak and strong coffees with the same machine.
- Beat the softened butter until creamy while adding the sugar, a little bit at a time.
- Add the cold espresso coffee and the cocoa to make a coffee custard
- Pour the weak coffee, lightly sweetened, into a wide, shallow bowl and add the rum. Dip the sponge-fingers, one by one, quickly in the coffee mixture
- Gently squeeze out the excess coffee and press them along the inside of the cake pan completely filling a layer across the bottom
- Add one third of the custard mixture and place the crushed amaretti evenly over it. Cover that layer with another third of the cream and cover with a layer of the coffee-dipped ladyfingers
- Place the entire dish in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Keep the remaining whipped cream cool but not in the refrigerator
- Turn the dish upside down onto a serving plate and decorate it with dots of the remaining whipped cream and coffee beans
- Put it all back in the refrigerator for another hour, at least.