Order Spare Parts from encompassparts.com
How do I descale my kettle?
- To prolong the life of your new kettle, descaling should be carried out on a regular basis. The frequency required will depend on water hardness.
- If you have particularly hard water, we recommend that you descale once a month. For very soft water areas, we recommend that you descale your kettle every three months.
- Care should be taken with the proprietary kettle descaler as these could damage the surface finish of the kettle. Please ensure you follow the instructions carefully.
- If you do not want to use a proprietary descaler, we would recommend a solution of one part white vinegar and two parts water.
- Switch the kettle on, remembering to switch it off just before the boiling point. Leave the solution in the kettle for a while, dependent on the severity of the scale inside and then empty the kettle. Refill with fresh water, boil, empty, and repeat the process once more. Your kettle should now be ready for use.
My De’Longhi kettle is noisy. What can I do?
- All kettles, regardless of manufacture will make a noise while boiling. The noise level is determined by the power rating, the body material, and the shape. Your kettle will get noisier as it reaches the boiling point. Once your kettle has boiled, the noise will stop.
- If your kettle is older, descaling may reduce the noise.
My kettle has what looks like rust deposit forming inside. What can I do?
This is more likely due to lime scale build up. Lime scale or staining from mineral deposits in some parts of the country can manifest itself as a brown deposit. Descaling your kettle should remove the brown deposit. To reduce lime scale build up, use filtered water.
My kettle is sputtering water from the spout. Why is this?
- The kettle may be overfilled, which can cause sputtering/over-boiling.
- If the kettle has just been descaled, check to make sure the solution has been completely rinsed away. Otherwise, a buildup may cause the machine to over-boil.
My kettle switches off before boiling. What can I do?
Your kettle may require descaling as a build-up of lime scale deposits can affect the function of your kettle.
Where can I buy spare parts for my kettle?
Please contact our toll free number (For US 1-800-322-3848; For Canada 1-888-335-6644) or visit our website at www.delonghi.com