This might be due to residues of calcium or other minerals which have accumulated inside the iron and are ejected by the steam holes together with the excess water due to incorrect temperature or steam setting.
Steam ironing with temperature in the "1 circle" area:
- Perform limescale cleaning. In this way the internal generator shall be cleaned. For instructions on this procedure refer to the relative section in the user manual according to the purchased model. This operation is very important and should be carried out periodically or when the dedicated lights switch on.
- In order to remove the limescale from the iron plate fill the ironing system water tank.
- Switch the iron on and set the temperature to the position corresponding to a dot.
- Wait for the ironing system to be ready for steam emission.
- Lay a cloth on the ironing board.
- Pass the iron over the cloth whilst releasing steam. Note: steam and water come out of the plate with a gurgling noise. At the same time the residues are ejected (brown coloured water).
- The iron is now clean. Switch it off and disconnect the ironing system from the mains. Clean any calcium residues with water and dry the plate.
Water comes out of the iron at the start of ironing:
- The steam button may have been pressed or the steam block may have been activated before the system heated up completely. Check that the steam block button is not activated.
- Having switched the system on, wait from 2 to 8 minutes before pressing the steam button.
- Before starting to iron, we recommend using the iron on a cloth. Start ironing when no more water is leaking out. This precaution is necessary only when switching the system on because steam condenses in the feed pipe during cooling.
- The iron thermostat is set at a temperature too low for the item to be ironed. In this case the plate is not able to make the steam evaporate completely. Set the thermostat to 2 circles or more when ironing with steam.
- In models equipped with auto-off, the steam distribution button has been pressed without waiting for the system to restore temperature and pressure as indicated by the relative luminous indicators.