Find Spare Parts at www.encompassparts.com
How does a dehumidifier work?
- A fan draws in moisture-laden air from the room and passes it through a filter, removing dust particles in the air.
- The air is then carried to the evaporator, which runs cold causing the condensation to collect in a container.
- The cool dried dehumidified air is then passed through the condenser, which is hot to warm the air before returning it back to the room.
What is a humidistat and how does it work?
- All De'Longhi models have a humidistat that allows you to set the degree of relative humidity that you feel most comfortable with.
- The humidistat will cycle the machine on and off accordingly to maintain the desired humidity level.
My dehumidifier is not collecting water. What can I do?
If your dehumidifier is not collecting water, please try the following:
- Increase the heat in the room to see if the unit collects more water.
- Clean the filter.
- Move the dehumidifier to another area for a short time.
- Set the humidistat to a lower humidity setting.
- If the unit is not collecting water, the environment may not have a high enough humidity level.
- At home test: To find out if the room you are using the dehumidifier in has humidity, fill a glass with ice water and set it in the room. Check after 30 to 45 minutes to see if condensation has formed on the outside of the glass. If no condensation has formed, there is no humidity to be collected. If condensation has formed, your unit should be extracting moisture from the air.
Note: if this does not resolve your issue, you may contact our toll free number (For US 1-800-322-3848; For Canada 1-888-335-6644) for assistance or look for the closest service center. Please check the service locator found on our website.
Is it possible to activate the dehumidifier for long periods without needing to empty the tank?
Yes, our dehumidifiers are also designed for continuous draining. Some models may have a pump system, which will allow you to continuously drain up to 15 feet high.
Where can I buy spare parts for my dehumidifier?
Please contact our toll free number (For US 1-800-322-3848; For Canada 1-888-335-6644) or visit our website at www.delonghi.com