This rich main meal is given a boost with the intense flavor of espresso coffee, which marries perfectly with sirloin steak and the wine infused sauce. A quick and simple dish, it can be made in no time at all for a dinner party or family meal.
- Mix the flour with the salt and pepper
- Cut the steak into small pieces and coat in the flour
- Melt some butter into a casserole dish at a medium/high heat and add the sirloin, turning until just browned on each side. Remove and leave to one side
- In the same pan, melt some butter over a low heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook gently for a few minutes and then add the wine and oregano and put the meat back in.
- Make the espresso coffee using your De’Longhi pump espresso machine and add this to the dish
- Top up with just enough water to cover the meat
- Stir and cook over a low flame with the lid off for half an hour or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables