This recipe was developed by De’Longhi’s Barista Partner, Laila Ghambari as part of the De'Longhi Espresso Recipe Series.
This is a non alcoholic take on an Old Fashioned, but with a unique twist. Why not combine the interesting flavors of an old fashioned with the nuttiness and richness of espresso…the result is a perfectly refreshing pick me up drink on a warm, sunny day.
- Double shot of espresso (cooled)
- Angostura Bitters, or any other aromatic bitters of your choice
- Orange peel
- Simple syrup
To make the coffee old fashioned:
- Add ice cubes to your glass
- Top with double shot of espresso
- Add simple syrup*; (¼ oz per 8 oz beverage)
- Add a few dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Garnish with an orange peel
* To make the simple syrup melt together equal parts water and raw sugar
To make this alcoholic you can steep your bourbon of choice with brewed espresso overnight or simply add the bourbon in after the simple syrup