This recipe was developed by De’Longhi’s Barista Partner, Laila Ghambari as part of the De'Longhi Espresso Recipe Series.
Spice up your holiday espresso beverages with this homemade gingerbread spice syrup. It will be sure to the favorite of your holiday guests.
Simply add the syrup to your cup before preparing your espresso, latte, or cappuccino in one of our De’Longhi espresso machines.
- 2 Whole Vanilla Beans
- ¼ cup Fresh Ginger
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Ground Allspice
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cup Raw Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- Large pot or dutch oven
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil
- Add in:
2 Vanilla Beans
Ginger - 1/4 cup
- Once boiling add ground spices to the water
- Let simmer for 1 hour
- Double strain removing all large particles
- Add up to 2 cups of raw sugar to the mixture and stir until dissolved (add more for an even sweeter syrup)
- Add in 2 tablespoons molasses to taste
Not too much that it over powers the syrup but to add a nice spice and intensity to the mixture
- Bring to room temperature before serving
- Add syrup to your cup before preparing your espresso beverage of choice in a De’Longhi espresso machine