This recipe was developed by De’Longhi’s Barista Partner, Laila Ghambari as part of the De'Longhi Espresso Recipe Series.
Coffee beans are the seeds inside of a coffee cherry. Cascara is the dried fruit of the cherry. Cascara is not something you'll find at your neighborhood grocery store so I've created a easy hack for you! You can make your own "cascara" syrup by using dried cherries.
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup raw sugar, plus extra for topping
- Double shot of brewed espresso
- 6 oz milk of your choice
To make 8oz latte:
- Add ¼ oz of "cascara" cherry syrup* to your cup
- Add in your double shot of espresso
- Steam the milk and pour over the espresso, cherry mix
- Sprinkle a line of raw sugar on the top of the beverage to make you own Cascara Latte!
*To make the syrup:
- Add 1 cup of water and dried cherries to a saucepan
- Bring to a boil then let simmer for 10 mins
- Strain out cherries
- Stir in 1 cup of raw sugar until dissolved