Back to FAQ's
How do I create a perfect and rich milk froth?
- Use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk at refrigerator temperature (5°C).
- On automatic cappuccino system you can also set your preferred froth level.
- Milk deposit and dirt inside the milk circuit and tank can lower the frothing performances. Make sure to regularly clean the milk container following the user manual.
How frequently do I need to use a descaler and which kind of descaler product to use?
- It depends on water hardness and on the usage frequency of the machine.
- Some models are equipped with a water hardness tester to set the machine correctly.
- Automatic machines (*) are equipped with a descale alarm.
- A Descaling process on a non automatic machine is recommended after approximately 300 coffees or as soon as the performance levels drop on the machine.
- Please use De'Longhi descalers only. Under no circumstances should you use sulphamic or acetic based descalers
How do I dispense hot water for tea beverages?
- With both pump machines and fully automatic machines you can easily dispense hot water to prepare hot tea or other beverages which need hot water.
- Please follow your machine instruction manual to proceed correctly.
How can I choose or modify the coffee temperature?
- On automatic machines you can set your preferred coffee temperature levels.
- To reach a perfect in-cup espresso temperature we suggest you place your cup on the cup warmer or add hot water to the cup.
- Before making the first coffee, it is advised to dispense some hot water first or start a rinsing cycle in order to warm up the system.
- If your coffee is not hot enough, the machine may require descaling.
Can I use any type of ground coffee to make an espresso?
- No, only ground coffee can be used in espresso machines. Espresso requires a specific range of coffee grinding which is different to filter coffee or moka coffee.
- Different types of grinding levels, even in the espresso range, can provide different tastes.
- On fully automatic machines you can set your grinding level and taste preferences.
- On pump machines the in-cup coffee flavour (stronger or weaker) can be adjusted by pressing the ground coffee differently inside the filter holder.
Search Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (or FAQ's) will help you to find additional information about your product