Cardamom is a natural partner for coffee and also works deliciously with orange flower, making this delicately spiced coffee cocktail perfect for Christmas.
- 3 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- Half stick/4cm cinnamon
- 1 shot espresso
- 30ml dark rum
- 25ml single cream
- 4 drops Valencia orange flower essence
- Bash the cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick lightly in a pestle and mortar.
- Add them to the shot of espresso and leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Add to a cocktail shaker with a cup of cubed ice and all the other ingredients.
- Shake and fine strain (using a fine sieve or tea strainer to catch the spices) into a coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist.