Rich tiramisu truffles made with dark chocolate and fresh espresso.
- 315g Plain chocolate
- 115g Mascarpone
- 240ml Double cream
- 3 tbsp Freshly made espresso, cooled
- 9 tbsp Marsala or dessert wine
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For coating, 340 – 460g of dark 70% cocoa solids chocolate
- Mix the mascarpone, coffee, vanilla extract and Marsala together. Add the double cream and stir until thoroughly mixed. If using a mixer don’t over beat (the result should not be whipped).
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and stir into the mascarpone mixture until fully blended. Chill overnight.
- Once chilled overnight, scoop out and roll into 2cm balls and chill for an hour.
- Melt the dark 70% cocoa solids chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and dip each ball to coat. Place on a tray covered with parchment paper. Chill until hard (an hour or two).