Descaling is an important part of caring for your bean to cup machine, and the frequency needed will depend on the water hardness in your area. Please follow the step by step instructions below when your machine indicates a descale is required:
- Add De’Longhi Descaler to the tank, dilute to approximately 1ltr of water, fit the tank.
- Press and hold the descale button until either the cup lights go out or start flashing along with the steam light. If your machine has an electronic display select the descale option.
- Place a receptacle with a capacity of 1.5 litres under the manual frother.
- Open the steam valve fully.
- The machine will start descaling. This process will pause and restart over a period of 20 to 30 minutes.
- When the ‘Fill Tank’ light or message shows turn the steam dial to the off position.
- Rinse the tank out and then fill with fresh water.
- Fit the tank
- Empty and replace the receptacle.
- Open the steam valve fully again.
- Once the rinse cycle has finished close the steam dial. Remove the tank and fill with fresh water.
- The descale light will go out and the machine is now ready to make coffee.
De’Longhi Descaling fluid and other cleaning accessories are available from De’Longhi Spares.
Spares and accessories for De’Longhi products, including many older products, are available from De’Longhi Spares via their website at http://www.4delonghi.co.uk/. Alternatively they can be contacted by calling 0844 557 6438.
In either case please have your model number ready when ordering, which typically can be identified on the underside of the unit.
For further assistance please see our tutorial video on the subject: