Descaling is an important part of caring for your bean to cup machine. Descaling is required when the digital display indicates “descale”. The frequency of descaling will depend on the hardness of the water in yourt area. Please follow the step by step instructions below.
- Add De’Longhi Descaler to the tank and dilute to approximately 1ltr of water. Fit the tank.
- Fit the water spout to your machine and select the Descale option from the menu (Press P and scroll through the options).
- Place a receptacle with a capacity of 1.5 litres under the water spout.
- Press OK to confirm you are ready to begin the descale.
- The machine will start descaling. This process will pause and restart over a period of 20 to 30 minutes.
- The ‘Fill Tank’ message comes on.
- Empty and replace the receptacle.
- Rinse the tank out and then fill with fresh water.
- Fit the tank.
- Press OK to confirm you wish to continue.
- Once the rinse cycle has finished remove the tank and fill with fresh water.
The descale light will go out and the machine is now ready to make coffee.
De’Longhi descaling fluid and other cleaning accessories are available from De’Longhi spares.
Spares and accessories for De’Longhi products, including many older products, are available from De’Longhi Spares via their website at http://www.4delonghi.co.uk/. Alternatively they can be contacted by calling 0844 557 6438.
In either case please have your model number ready when ordering, which typically can be identified on the underside of the unit.
For further assistance please see our tutorial video on the subject: