My fryer does not switch on. What can I try?
- If your model is equipped with a detachable cord, be sure the cord is inserted in the proper way. There is only one way the cord can be inserted.
- Be sure to always fill with oil prior to powering on. Turning the unit on without oil will blow the fuse, thus requiring your unit to be serviced.
How can I filter the oil for re-use?
- Food particles left in the oil and reheated several times will cause the oil to deteriorate more quickly. The length of time oil can be used can be extended by filtering it through an oil filter paper, stronger versions of kitchen towels, or cheese cloth.
- Make sure the oil has completely cooled for several hours before attempting to do this.
What kind of oil can be used in my deep fryer?
The best oil for frying is peanut oil. However, you can use canola, corn, or vegetable oil. We do not recommend olive oil for frying.
How does the Cool-Zone fryer work?
The Cool-Zone fryer (stainless steel) differs from the traditional deep fryers in the position of the resistance set inside the tub in the oil. Its location allows reduced heat dissipation, and a reduction of the time it takes for the oil to heat in order to reach the desired temperature. It is called "cool-zone" because of the cold zone generated inside the tub. While hot oil tends to surface, the cold oil remains below the heating element and guarantees the food particles to fall and settle on the bottom while cooking so they will not burn. This feature helps the oil to remain clean longer and prevents the diffusion of bad flavors and odors.
How can I clean my deep fryer?
The fryer should be cleaned when the machine is cold and unplugged. There are different kinds of cleaning procedures depending on the model:
- Traditional Fryers with Removable Tub: It is possible to empty the oil and perform the filtering operation outside the machine. The tub (if removable) and the lid (after removing the filters) can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Traditional fryers with Easy Clean System: Draining the cold oil is easy and fast, thanks to special tube. Some types of traditional fryers also have a removable tub.
- Traditional Fryers with Total Clean System: All the components of these models; tub, basket, lid, and fryer body (plastic structure) are dishwasher safe, with the exception of the block resistance.
- Cool-Zone fryers: The removable tub and lid (only after the extraction of filters) can be washed in the dishwasher. The basked (for each model) should be cleaned thoroughly with a stiff, non-abrasive sponge. Do not use any corrosive cleaning, just water and soap. The boby can be cleaned using a damp cloth, except on models with Total Clean System, which are dishwasher safe.
What is the Easy Clean system?
The Easy Clean System is an innovative technology patented by De'Longhi. This system aims to ease cleaning operations. Thanks to a little plastic duct, the oil is quickly canalized from the cooking tub to an external one. The oil that drains from the container must be carried out when the machine is cold and when the oil has completely cooled down.
Where can I buy spare parts for my deep fryer?
Please contact our toll free number (For US 1-800-322-3848; For Canada 1-888-335-6644) or visit our website at www.delonghi.com
Search Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (or FAQ's) will help you to find additional information on your product