Collection of your personal information
De'Longhi (Australia) Pty Ltd is committed to honoring the privacy of anyone who interacts with our company. This policy describes the steps that we take when handling your personal information.
We will collect personal information from you when you speak to one of our representatives or otherwise deal with our company or its affiliates, business or advertising partners, customers and other service providers; supply products or services to us; or apply for a position with us. Our site's newsletter registration form, request for quote form and contact form also require you to give us personal information. We use the term "personal information" as it is defined in the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) (Privacy Act). It generally refers to information that can be used to identify an individual. One exception to this is where information is provided by a service provider on a warranty claim form. Information on warranty claim forms from service providers is stored separately from other personal information and is generally used for warranty and product recall purposes.
The kind of personal information that we collect includes:
- name, email address, physical address, phone number and other contact details;
- information about your company and job function;
- financial information (eg credit or bank card information when you purchase products and services from us);
- information about your preferences for products and services offered by the company;
- feedback that you provide about our site and products and services;
- (if you are a supplier or service provider) information as part of the products and services which you supply to us; and
- any other information that you choose to send us.
We do not generally require that you provide personal information to us, but if you do not give us the information that we request, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services and/or information about them.
Collection of information through our site
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by us to help improve the site. This information is supplied by your browser:
- the user's I.P. address;
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc);
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities (which means that the information collected is not personal information under the Privacy Act) except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet web server logs.
Use of I.P. Addresses
An Internet protocol (I.P.) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your internet service provider or through your company's local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Our web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
We may collect I.P. addresses for statistical purposes. We do not use I.P. addresses to identify individuals, except in the same unlikely circumstances set out above.
Online Surveys and Contests
From time to time, Kenwood may conduct online surveys that ask you for demographic data, like household information, ages, and so on. Participation in these surveys is always voluntary. Kenwood aggregates the responses received before using the information to improve the product services offered. Kenwood may also offer promotions that ask for some personal information, such as name and e-mail address, so that they can contact winners. All of these promotions follow applicable gaming regulations. And the rules and terms of each contest are posted on the site.
Use of personal information
We use the personal information that we have collected about you for the purpose for which it was collected, any related secondary purpose, any purpose to which you have consented, and as otherwise authorised or required by the Privacy Act. Such uses include:
- providing you with products and services that you have requested (which includes registering purchased products and processing warranty claims);
- providing you with information and promotional materials about our products and services. However, we will not add your contact details to a mailing list unless you have consented to this managing and/or improving our relationship with you (including through our De'Club newsletter and through client satisfaction surveys); one exception to this is where information on warranty claim forms from service providers is stored separately and is only used for warranty and product recall purposes.
- dealing with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to your privacy, this website or the business more generally;
- (if you are a supplier or service provider) to communicate with you and assess the products and services that you supply;
- (if you have applied for a position with us) assessing your application for a position within the company; and
- facilitating our business operations.
Storage of personal information
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Disclosure of personal information
We disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, any related secondary purpose, any purpose to which you have consented, and as otherwise authorised or required by the Privacy Act. Such disclosures include:
- to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with the provision of products or services;
- to employees, agents and service providers who assist us in running our business or provide related services; and
- to our related bodies corporate for internal or business purposes.
Our related bodies corporate and service providers are located in Australia, and in such countries as New Zealand.
We do not sell, trade, exchange or otherwise make available any personally identifiable information to any other company or organization.
This site contains links to other sites. De'Longhi is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites.
De'Longhi uses the information gathered from cookies to improve our products and services. We do not use the information collected to identify you. If you would rather not receive cookies you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Contacting De'Longhi About Privacy
You are generally able to access and seek the correction of the personal information that we hold about you through using any of the following contact methods:
Contact: The Privacy Officer
- Phone: 1800 126 659
- Postal address: De'Longhi Australia Pty Ltd, Unit 3A / 43 Lyn Parade, Prestons NSW 2170
You may also complain about our handling of your personal information by using the contact methods set out above. We will consider any complaints which we receive and provide you with a response in a reasonable time (usually 30 days of receipt). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
See our De'Club page to Subscribe or Unsubscribe from our newsletter.
All information on this site is protected by copyright law: © De'Longhi.